The Problems with Fake Paystubs
If you have ever been scammed, you know the angry feeling that burns inside. With technology these days, there are plenty of ways to make a fake paystub. Check Stub Maker wants you to have the information you need to spot a fraudulent paystub. We specialize in creating, real paystubs so we understand ways to identify the fakes. Here is the information that will add a layer of protection against fraudulent paystubs.
The Signs of a Pretender
- Do the Math: Did you know that math is one of the least favorite subjects in school? That being said, fake paycheck makers hate math as well. One of the best ways you can spot a fake is by calculating the numbers. All you need is a simple calculator. You can even use the calculator that comes on your smart phone. First off, add up the income and see if it matches the totals. Check the deductions as well. Make certain to subtract the deductions from the total and check to see if the math makes sense. If anything doesn’t add up, you know you are looking at a fake.
- Take a Detailed Look: There are a lot of different paystub types out there, but fake paystubs often have something wrong with them. Sometimes the decimal lines are not in the same line. That is a big red flag. Real paystubs are created using accounting software and accounting software wants all the numbers to line up. If the numbers and decimal places are not in the same ruler straight line, you are dealing with a fraud.
- Decimal Detective: Every paycheck stub deals with money down to the penny. If you notice that any decimals are missing, that should immediately send up a red flag inside of your mind. The dollar sign may or may not be there, but the decimals should always be present. Every penny is accounted for in a real check stub.
- The Fonts: If you see a pay check stub that has flowery fonts, it’s a fake. Real paystubs have will always have a cold calculated looking font. There is a reason. In order for computers to read the numbers fast and efficiently, accountants use organized, robotic looking fonts. When you are looking at a paycheck stub, always take a look at the font.
- Total Confirmation: Paycheck stubs are not the only way you can determine the income of a potential renter or borrower. If you come across a few of their check stubs and something feels off you can always have them fill out a 4506T form from the IRS. Once the form is filled out, it goes directly to the IRS and they will pull the numbers that were reported last year. You will be able to see exactly what they claimed as income. Using the form will give you total confirmation if you suspect their paycheck stubs.
Check Stub Maker
We are here to save you time and money. Using our online check stub generator, you can create professional check stubs for your employees. You can save money because you no longer have to buy expensive programs, or try to learn to become an accountant with every paycheck. When you use Check Stub Maker, we have an online calculator that efficiently tracks the taxes of in the areas where your employees live. We do the math, and your employees get a real check stub in their email. Our real check stub service will help you save time and money. We are Check Stub Maker and we are improving check stub services one paystub at a time.